SKY new teacher cohort
Dates: 8 weeks beginning April 2018
Sliding scale: $50-75
Are you a recent graduate of yoga teacher training looking to get more experience teaching yoga? We invite you to join our inagural New Yoga Teacher Cohort. The idea behind our New Yoga Teacher Cohort is to bring together new yoga teachers to co-create, work, collaborate and learn with and from one another under the observation of SKY Leadership. The initial cohort of new yoga teachers will be between 6-12 individuals who will come together weekly to co-teach as a unit with opportunites to teach Community Classes at SKY in April under the guidance of SKY Leadership.
What you'll get:
• Ease and confidence in teaching a basic yoga class
• Skill in sequencing, theming and speaking in your own voice
• Strong relationships with the SKY teaching community through which to give and get support
• Strong personal practice and awareness as the grounding to teach to whomever shows up
• Clarity in your yoga teaching desires
• Readiness and sensitivity in teaching to diverse populations
• Qualifies you for the possibility to be selected as a volunteer teacher for SKY Community class
• Attendance to 1 drop-in class per week
• Mentor teachers are available to communicate via e-mail and check in 15 minutes prior to class
• The first two classes attended must be observed. After that, teachers may be called upon to assist, make adjustments, or teach a portion of the class, as agreed upon prior to the class.
• Shadowing at outreach locations in the course of the month.
• Attendance to Teaching Yoga to Vulnerable Populations workshop (offered bi-annually--this plus the mentorship are required to be considered for an outreach teaching position)
• One-time wrap-up one-on-one session with your mentor teacher
• Completion of a 200 hour yoga teacher training
• Commitment to a 30-day contemplative practice of participant’s design with a journal
• Student-teachers must notify the mentor teacher at least 24 hours in advance of attendance.